- Understand and analyze mission-critical business and core applications, and how they function and interact in today s complex virtualized IT environment
- Understand end to end complex applications used by large financial organizations and the performance impact on the virtual windows operating environment
- To serve as the gate keepers for critical applications that are being packaged for deployment into the virtualized windows platform
- Conduct comprehensive analysis/troubleshooting of Windows base applications in effort to assess its efficiency in utilizing Operating System resources.
- Interpret test results and identify root cause of discovered issues.
- Cooperating with application developers, vendors during applications performance troubleshooting.
Do you want to define the way our infrastructure operates? We are looking for experienced and motivated engineer, with in-depth knowledge of Windows Operating System complemented by troubleshooting skills, who can work autonomously on assigned tasks and can help us:
- Experienced in advanced troubleshooting of Windows OS and Windows based applications.
- Familiar with Windows OS performance counters in reference to Memory, CPU, DISK, Threads, Handles etc.
- Technical ability to troubleshoot desktop incidents specifically tied to performance impacting applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Working knowledge of following tools: Perfmon, Sysinternals Suite (Process Monitor, Process Explorer), Windows Performance Analyzer/xPerf.
- Proven experience with Windows OS performance testing €“ this refers to ability to:
o Analyze OS resources utilization by tested product
o Assess product responsiveness as it is seen from End User perspective)
o Familiarity with Splunk, SysTrack, AppDynamics, DynaTrace or Fiddler is a strong plus.
- Experience in scripting languages (eg. Powershell, Python, Perl, Shell Scripting).
- Experience and understanding in MSI, AppV and Citrix.
- Experienced with the automation of application testing (eg. Login VSI, AppsWatch, HP Load Runner, or similar).
- Experienced on all phases of Quality Assurance (system Integration Testing, end to end UAT, operational readiness testing, etc) across multiple phases of a large, enterprise program with a virtual desktop
- Experience in developing end to end Performance Test Plans and port analysis reports including design documents, testing overview, OS level analysis, etc.
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar preferred.