IBM Security Senior Security Engineer €“ Firewall Engineers are individual contributors responsible for providing IT security services to clients within the IBM Security Services organization. As a member of a team, or working independently, the role will be required to perform an analytical and technical role in implementation, integration, and delivery of technical IT security solutions for clients. This includes the use of inter-operational processes and procedures. The role requires the ability to troubleshoot technical issues in various platforms, evaluate customer network/infrastructure and recommend best practices for application availability and network security, provide technical and procedural guidance to customers in a timely fashion, log all cases into the ticketing system and maintain ownership of issues and follow through for all customers until issues are properly closed.
An Security Engineer should have an excellent problem-solving skills and will need to have an in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP network routing & switching protocols, hands-on experience, and strong understanding and competency in one or more best-of-breed Firewall/UTM, IPS/IDS, Load Balancer, Proxy and Advanced Threat Prevention platforms/security products from various vendors such as Check Point, Fortigate, F5 Load Balancer and IPS devices. Working familiarity with Unix, Linux, Windows OS and scripting language to automate tasks is a plus. The role will also require an excellent written and oral communication skills, good attention to details, strong organization skills and should be available to work on weekend shift if required.
- Work for the best Security Company in Europe (SC winner 2016) and The Best Mobile Security Solution with IBM MaaS360 2016 SC Magazine Europe Awards
- Training and certifications
- Private medical package and insurance package
- Multisport Card
- Working on international projects in multicultural teams
- Good to be an IBMer discounts
- Cinema & trips for IBMers
- Language classes
- Summer camps for children
- Build, configure, install and test security devices (e.g. Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Protection Network Sensors, Load Balancers, VPN, Proxy, etc) into customer network environments
- Follow documented procedures to complete specific technical tasks within a deployment project
- Interface with a variety of customers in a polite, positive and professional manner
- Work under pressure on multiple issues & projects (i.e. multi-task) with tight schedules
- Modification to the security policy or configuration of customer managed devices. It ranges from interface and IP changes to signature enablement or disablement
- Firmware & hardware upgrade. Upgrading customer firmware level involves notifying the customer, scheduling a window when needed, conducting the update in the given time, normally 2+ hour window
- Resolve problems related to Network, Device, Policy, connectivity issues etc.
- Degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- Professional Certifications like Network+, Security+, CCNA, CCSA, BCCPA, CISSP and GCIA
- 5 years of experience in general Network Security practices
- 3 years of experience in TCP/IP networking and routing fundamentals
- 2 years of experience in Unix/Linux system administration