Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) is a new and groundbreaking technology to allow application requirements to define the network. Cisco transforms next-generation data center and cloud deployments with creative ACI that radically simplifies, optimizes and accelerates the entire application deployment lifecycle. You will play a crucial role in helping customers solve problems.
Who You ll Work With
On this team, you will get the opportunity to work in a uniquely diverse and socially responsible environment with one of the most creative companies in the high-tech industry. You ll be coached and mentored by some of the industry s brightest minds who will help challenge and develop your technical skills.
Who You Are
Get in on the ground floor of this newly formed Support group where you will support groundbreaking technology! In this role you will:
- You will interface internally with CSEs, SEs, NCEs, Technical Leaders and internal engineering departments.
- You will provide second/third level technical support for ACI and APIC technologies
- Apply your analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and software problems of moderate to high complexity.
- Provide technology/product training and intellectual property material as required
- Utilize moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems
- Expertise with Nexus, Catalyst or Layer 2 / 3 Switching and Routing protocols
- Bachelor s Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 1-2 years of customer support experience, including strong troubleshooting skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems
- Must have knowledge of Data Center industry, products and protocols (N9k and N7k)
- HP, IBM, Dell Server Support, or certifications, MCSE, VCP, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE- VCP or CCNP/DCN
- Do you have great verbal and written communication skills?
- You have the ability to work effectively with and provide guidance to other members by figuring out methods and procedures on new assignments, mentoring more junior engineers and promoting/soliciting ideas within TAC team
- Experience with L4-L7- load balancing, firewalls, OpenStack, and UCS
- *Knowledge of Linux
- Experience with multiple distributions (Red Hat, Ubuntu, etc), networking (bonding, bridging, iptables, vlans, OVS, etc), virtualization (KVM, libvirt, etc), and server software (Apache, open iSCSI, NFS, MySQL and/or Galera, MongoDB, etc) are all strongly desirabl
- ACI knowledge is a plus